The best breakfast in Stockholm city centre
Updated 12 Nov 2018
Going out for breakfast in the city can be a convenient option, as well as a tasty and nutritious start to the day. Within Stockholm city centre you'll find cafés, restaurants and fabulous hotels where you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee in peace and quiet or grab a breakfast deal with juice and a roll to go. Treat yourself to a little morning luxury in the heart of the city - follow our guide to really great breakfast spots in the city centre, whether you prefer a healthy chiapudding, a croissant on the way to work or a full organic breakfast buffet among international travellers.
All our breakfast guides:
More in the city centre:
Green and nutritious
Treat yourself to a "great start", as Urban Deli calls their breakfast. Their large branch near Hötorget is surrounded by office buildings and offers breakfast both to have there and on the go. The café MRKT serves healthy options such as cold porridge, chiapudding and yoghurt with granola, and inside the restaurant you can treat yourself to a full breakfast buffet.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte, breakfast buffet
- Price guide: Breakfast deal (MRKT) around 85 SEK, breakfast buffet (restaurant) around 175 SEK
- Time: Every day from 7am
Sveavägen 44, Norrmalm/City
Reliable regulars' spot
As hip as they are friendly, the Il Caffè group of cafés know the art of good coffee and simple but delicious sandwiches on excellent bread. Take away (the small breakfast deal includes coffee, a sandwich and a juice) or combine your breakfast with a laptop session in this work-friendly café. They also serve croissants and other good things.
- Type of breakfast: Breakfast deal, sandwiches, pastries
- Price guide: Breakfast deal around 80/105 SEK
- Tid: Vardagar från kl 8, helger från kl 9
Drottninggatan 85, Norrmalm/City/Vasastan
Sourdough and chia in a 19th century stables
Kaffeverkets sister café is trendily located in an old stables with an adjoining design shop. As well as coffee and teas, you can count on a selection of sourdough sandwiches from the counter by the entrance, but if you're really health conscious and have fallen for the chia trend, then the chiapudding here is not to be missed.
- Type of breakfast: Sourdough sandwiches, chiapudding, juices, cakes and pastries etc.
- Price guide : Unknown
- Time: Weekdays from 8am, Saturdays from 9am, Sundays from 10am
Snickarbacken 7, Norrmalm/City
Gourmet breakfast à la Paris
Treat yourself to a gourmet breakfast Parisian-style in Wienercaféet's historic surroundings. Choose from various breakfast deals, healthy smoothies, French pastries and a hot à la carte menu including omelettes, French toast and baguettes.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte
- Price guide : American pancakes around 155 SEK, scrambled eggs around 95 SEK
- Time: Mon-Fri 7am-11.30am, Sat-Sun 9.30am-midday
Biblioteksgatan 6, Norrmalm/City/Östermalm
Norwegian healthfood concept
Lett opened in Oslo in 2014 and the Norwegian healthfood concept made its way to Sveavägen in 2017. Grab a nutritious breakfast on the go or to eat in. They serve juices, smoothies, bowls and kombucha, among other things.
- Type of breakfast: Healthy
- Price guide: Juice around 45-60 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am
Sveavägen 21-23, Norrmalm/City
Central food court breakfast
As a modern food court, K25 draws in plenty of lunchtime diners, but it's worth remembering that they open at 7.30am on weekdays, so it also makes for a handy breakfast stop. Caffé Nero and Panini are among the outlets that serve breakfast.
- Type of breakfast: Varies
- Price: Varies
- Time: Weekdays from 7.30am
Kungsgatan 25, Norrmalm/City
Playful on Kungsgatan
Play, on Kungsgatan in the city centre, is a playful concept where food and coffee combine with a relaxed environment, perfect for hanging out, having something to eat and listening to music. Start the day with various breakfast deals, including sandwiches, breakfast bowls, juices and coffees.
- Type of breakfast: Breakfast deal, à la carte
- Price: Breakfast deal around 60-200 SEK
- Time: From 7.30am
Kungsgatan 18, Norrmalm/City
On the go all day long
There are Panini branches all over Stockholm and it's an easy option when you're on the go all day. The breakfast menu includes stone-baked sourdough bread with various toppings as well as ready-made smoothies and chia pudding. Have your breakfast to eat in or buy a handy little breakfast deal to go.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte
- Price: Breakfast deal around 60-100 SEK
- Time: From 7am
Drottninggatan 2, Norrmalm/City
Good value and loved by coffee aficionados
Authentic Italian espresso bar where they serve freshly pressed juices, sandwiches, croissants and, of course, top-notch coffee in the mornings. A more personal and definitely cheaper alternative to the large coffee chains - you can get a whole breakfast deal here for relatively little money.
- Type of breakfast : Breakfast deals, sandwiches, pastries
- Price: Breakfast deal around 60 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am, weekends closed
Vasagatan 50, Norrmalm/City
Wake up in Italy
Det italienska matmeckat på Biblioteksgatan har café, restauranger och saluhall under ett och samma tak. Caféet är öppet från tidig morgon och serverar såklart kaffe och frukost i italienskt stuk. Vill du fixa lunchen på samma gång är det bara att stanna till i saluhallen och köpa med.
- Type of breakfast : Info to come
- Price: Info to come
- Time: Café open from 7.30am
Biblioteksgatan 5, Norrmalm/City/Östermalm
Popular healthfood concept inside train station
The breakfast deal at Blueberry includes two options as well as organic coffee or tea. Choose from chiapudding, yoghurt with homemade granola as well as porridge with buckwheat, quinoa and dried berries. "Grab and go" or eat in.
- Type of breakfast : Breakfast deal, à la carte
- Price: Breakfast deal around 90 SEK, one option around 45 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am, weekends from 10am
Klarabergsviadukten 59, Norrmalm/City
Gare du Lyon meets Grand Central Station
Breathe in the atmosphere of the classic grand railway stations of Paris and New York as you start your day in the heart of Stockholm's central station. The modern brasserie Luzette opens for breakfast, when they serve fruit salad, scones, scrambled eggs and French toast, among other dishes. If you're in a hurry, pick up an express breakfast to go, including coffee, juice, a ham and cheese sandwich and a yoghurt.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte, Luzette Express
- Price guide: Scones around 65 SEK, Luzette Express around 125 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am, weekends from 9am
Centralplan 25, Norrmalm/City
Natural in the heart of town
The emphasis at Cirkeln is on organic, locally-produced and Fairtrade food. The light, airy locale on Sveavägen is a central starting point for anyone looking to kick start their day with coffee and a roll before heading out into the city.
- Type of breakfast: Info to come
- Price guide: Info to come
- Time: From 8am
Sveavägen 41, Norrmalm/City/Vasastan
Beautiful and healthy
Healthy à la carte dishes such as bao, chiapudding and banana pancakes with agave syrup and hazelnuts are served in a beautiful, historic salon. If you have trouble deciding, there's also a breakfast buffet each week day, which includes fresh bread, yoghurt and pastries.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte and buffet
- Price guide: Chiapudding around 85 SEK, buffet around 270 SEK
- Time: Weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7.30-11am (buffet)
Berzelii Park, Norrmalm/City
Are you on your way somewhere or have just arrived and are in need of a proper breakfast? Right by Cityterminalen, as central as you can get in Stockholm, you'll find WTC Restaurang which serves a classic breakfast buffet. You'll find freshly-baked bread, fresh juice, coffee however you like it and fresh fruit and accompaniments. You can even organise a breakfast meeting here for 2-120 people from 295 SEK/person.
- Type of breakfast: Breakfast buffet
- Price guide: From 125 SEK
- Time: Weekdays 7-9.30am
Kungsbron 1, Norrmalm/City
Organic and locally-grown at classic hotel
At the recently revamped classic hotel Radisson Blu Strand Hotel on Nybrokajen harbour they serve a breakfast that will brighten up any weekday or weekend morning. The hotel restaurant, The Strand, is wholeheartedly committed to organic, locally-produced food. Look out over Nybroviken from the comfort of a velvet armchair and begin your day with a newspaper and homemade deliciousnesses.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte
- Price: around 225 SEK
- Time: Mon-fri 6.30-10.30am, weekends 6.30-11am
Nybrokajen 9, Norrmalm/City
A real breakfast dream for anyone looking for a luxurious and healthy start to the day. If you prefer à la carte you can choose from dishes such as oatmeal porridge with blueberries, as well as pancakes, omelettes and couscous, but also croissants and other good things. Otherwise, get stuck in to the buffet, which includes scrambled eggs and smoothies.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte, buffet
- Price: Buffet around 260 SEK, oatmeal porridge around 95 SEK
Tegelbacken 6, Norrmalm/City
The Clarion Hotel Sign's breakfast buffet has been deemed 'fair' by Fairtrade. There are plenty of organic options and all food that can be Fairtrade, is. Wake up to a minimilist Scandinavian hotel environment you get a Scandinavian hotel environment to wake up to into the bargain.
- Type of breakfast: Buffet
- Price: Buffet around 200 SEK (free for hotel guests)
- Time: Weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7-11am
Östra Järnvägsgatan 35, Norrmalm/City
Organic buffet in the heart of the city
Enjoy a full breakfast buffet that's almost entirely organic. Teaterbrasseriet inside Scandic's signature hotel close to the Central train station lays out the whole shebang and allows guests to enjoy a long, lazy breakfast before venturing out into town.
- Type of breakfast: Buffet
- Price: around 170 SEK
- Time: Weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7-11.30am
Kungsgatan 70, Norrmalm/City
Cosmopolitan hotel where drop-ins are welcome
Lydmar draws both tourists and hardened Stockholmers to Blasieholmen. Spontaneous non-hotel guests can drop in for lunch, dinner or cocktails - or even breakfast. Tuck into the breakfast buffet or order à la carte from the kitchen: dishes include pancakes, oatmeal porridge and cold-smoked salmon.
- Type of breakfast: Buffet and à la carte
- Price guide: Buffet around 325 SEK (free for hotel guests)
- When: From 7am
Södra Blasieholmshamnen 2, Norrmalm/City
Get your day off to a kick start at this glamorous hotel with fabulous interiors. Eat an early breakfast in the brasserie Paul's or choose a "breakfast all day" at the health-conscious café Gretas. A central meeting place to start the day at, whether you prefer the classic or more modern option.
- Type of breakfast : Hotel breakfast, à la carte
- Price guide: Yoghurt with granola (Gretas) around 65 SEK
- Time: Paul's weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7-11am; Gretas weekdays from 7am, weekends from 9am
Hötorget 13-15, Norrmalm/City