The best breakfast in Stockholm city centre
Updated 9 Jan 2020
The information in this guide may be affected by covid-19.
Going out for breakfast in the city can be a convenient option, as well as a tasty and nutritious start to the day. Within Stockholm city centre you'll find cafés, restaurants and fabulous hotels where you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee in peace and quiet or grab a breakfast deal with juice and a roll to go. Treat yourself to a little morning luxury in the heart of the city - follow our guide to really great breakfast spots in the city centre, whether you prefer a healthy chia pudding, a croissant on the way to work or a full organic breakfast buffet among international travellers.
All our breakfast guides:
More in the city centre:
Il CaffèDrottninggatan 85, Norrmalm/City/Vasastan
Reliable regulars' spot
As hip as they are friendly, the Il Caffè group of cafés know the art of good coffee and simple but delicious sandwiches on excellent bread. Take away (the small breakfast deal includes coffee, a sandwich and a juice) or combine your breakfast with a laptop session in this work-friendly café. They also serve croissants and other good things.
- Type of breakfast: Breakfast deal, sandwiches, pastries
- Price guide: Breakfast deal around 80/105 SEK
- Tid: Vardagar från kl 8, helger från kl 9
Brunkebergs Bageri & BistroBirger Jarlsgatan 53, Norrmalm/City/Östermalm
Everything for the breakfast aficionado
Start off the day at this artisanal bakery, konditori and bistro under one roof with a breakfast roll, bowl of porridge or something really substantial such as a "brekkie burger" or eggs Benedict. If you're feeling continental, order a croissant and espresso.
D'abramoVasagatan 50, Norrmalm/City
Good value and loved by coffee aficionados
Authentic Italian espresso bar where they serve freshly pressed juices, sandwiches, croissants and, of course, top-notch coffee in the mornings. A more personal and definitely cheaper alternative to the large coffee chains - you can get a whole breakfast deal here for relatively little money.
- Type of breakfast : Breakfast deals, sandwiches, pastries
- Price: Breakfast deal around 60 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am, weekends closed
BlueberryKlarabergsviadukten 59, Norrmalm/City
Popular healthfood concept inside train station
The breakfast deal at Blueberry includes two options as well as organic coffee or tea. Choose from chiapudding, yoghurt with homemade granola as well as porridge with buckwheat, quinoa and dried berries. "Grab and go" or eat in.
- Type of breakfast : Breakfast deal, à la carte
- Price: Breakfast deal around 90 SEK, one option around 45 SEK
- Time: Weekdays from 7am, weekends from 10am
Urban DeliSveavägen 44, Norrmalm/City
Green and nutritious
Treat yourself to a "great start", as Urban Deli calls their breakfast. Their large branch near Hötorget is surrounded by office buildings and offers breakfast both to have there and on the go. The café MRKT serves healthy options such as cold porridge, chiapudding and yoghurt with granola, and inside the restaurant you can treat yourself to a full breakfast buffet.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte, breakfast buffet
- Price guide: Breakfast deal (MRKT) around 85 SEK, breakfast buffet (restaurant) around 175 SEK
- Time: Every day from 7am
The StrandNybrokajen 9, Norrmalm/City
Organic and locally-grown at classic hotel
At the recently revamped classic hotel Radisson Blu Strand Hotel on Nybrokajen harbour they serve a breakfast that will brighten up any weekday or weekend morning. The hotel restaurant, The Strand, is wholeheartedly committed to organic, locally-produced food. Look out over Nybroviken from the comfort of a velvet armchair and begin your day with a newspaper and homemade deliciousnesses.
- Type of breakfast: À la carte
- Price: around 225 SEK
- Time: Mon-fri 6.30-10.30am, weekends 6.30-11am
Clarion Hotel SignÖstra Järnvägsgatan 35, Norrmalm/City
The Clarion Hotel Sign's breakfast buffet has been deemed 'fair' by Fairtrade. There are plenty of organic options and all food that can be Fairtrade, is. Wake up to a minimilist Scandinavian hotel environment you get a Scandinavian hotel environment to wake up to into the bargain.
- Type of breakfast: Buffet
- Price: Buffet around 200 SEK (free for hotel guests)
- Time: Weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7-11am
HaymarketHötorget 13-15, Norrmalm/City
Get your day off to a kick start at this glamorous hotel with fabulous interiors. Eat an early breakfast in the brasserie Paul's or choose a "breakfast all day" at the health-conscious café Gretas. A central meeting place to start the day at, whether you prefer the classic or more modern option.
- Type of breakfast : Hotel breakfast, à la carte
- Price guide: Yoghurt with granola (Gretas) around 65 SEK
- Time: Paul's weekdays 6.30-10am, weekends 7-11am; Gretas weekdays from 7am, weekends from 9am