The best brunch in Stockholm
Brunch is pretty much a Stockholm institution, but navigating Stockholm's plethora of restaurants, especially when you're dealing with the probable weekend hangover and hunger pangs, can be hard. Therefore we've taken it upon ourselves to guide you to the best restaurants that combine our favourite meals - breakfast and lunch - to create something even more fabulous: brunch. Forget about brunch buffets, we're talking à la carte featuring everything from eggs benedict to diner-style American pancakes. Our guide to the best brunch restaurants in Stockholm is sure to satisfy all of your weekend cravings - indulgence is expected.
Österlånggatan 17 is located on a charming cobblestone alleyway and boasts an abundance of egg dishes and other brunch favourites. The generous à la carte menu offers choices between smaller and regular-sized dishes.
- Price sample: Tuna burger about 195 SEK
- When: Sat-Sun from 11:30 am
Österlånggatan 17, Old Town
Sourdough bread and breakfast burritos
This contemporary concept fuses deli, bakery and neighbourhood restaurant. With its generous opening hours and relaxed ambiance, Broms is a popular alternative. The French and American influences are reflected in the menu. Book at table - better safe than sorry.
- Price sample: Eggs benedict about 155 SEK, double cheeseburger about 195 SEK
- When: Sat-Sun 10am-3pm
Karlavägen 76, Östermalm
Tjoget is a popular hangout from early dawn 'til dusk. The continental cuisine serves a regular lunch menu on Saturdays, on Sundays brunch converts enjoy charcuteries, moules frites, steak tartar and other guilty pleasures.
- Price sample: Sandwich with smoked salmon about 135 SEK, grilled chicken about 135 SEK
- When: Regular lunch menu on Saturdays from 12 pm, à la Carte brunch on Sundays 12 - 4 pm
Hornsbruksgatan 24, Hornstull/Södermalm
Brunch all day
This on-trend eatery has embraced the concept of all-day brunch to the fullest. Brunch enthusiasts can treat themselves to healthy chia pudding and Bircher muesli or indulge in American pancakes, a variety of egg dishes and of course a full English breakfast.
- Price sample: Blueberry scotch pancakes about 95 SEK, eggs benedict about 89/139 SEK (half/whole)
- When: All weekend 9 am - 5 pm
Tjärhovsgatan 19, Södermalm
New York and back again
Kommendören barely had enough time to open before the hype was established. The chic industrial-style decor pays homage to the Big Apple, as does the brunch. What would brunch be without a variety of egg dishes, blueberry pancakes, burgers and the obligatory kale salad?
- Price sample: Blueberry pancakes about 125 SEK, hamburger about 165 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday from 12 pm
Kommendörsgatan 7, Östermalm
Restaurang Göteborg, boasting impressive sea views, is located in Hammarby Sjöstad and offers suburban tranquillity only minutes from the city centre. Not surprisingly the restaurant specialises in seafood delicacies to be enjoyed on the enclosed veranda. The offering ranges from toast Skagen and Västerbotten cheese Croque monsieur and bouillabaisse.
- Price sample: BLT-sandwich about 129 SEK, prawn sandwich about 165 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 12- 4 pm
Midskeppsgatan 31, Hammarby sjöstad
With its distinguished addresses, impressive views and chic decor these sister restaurants are heavily frequented - particularly for brunch. The diverse menu offers everything from oysters to burgars, French toast and banana ice cream. Classic, yet innovative at the same time the influences vary. If you're in the mood for a cocktail, restorative or no - this is the place to be.
- Price sample: Hamburger about 195 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 11:30 am to 5 pm
The ultimate comfort
What would an uber-chic lifestyle hotel be without an equally chic restaurant? Lydmar's answer lives up to its well-reputed reputation. A classic Franco-American menu is presented with finesse. Enjoy a delectable cheeseburger and steak tartar along with views over the water and Gamla Stan.
- Price sample: Cheeseburger about 225 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 12 - 5 pm
Södra Blasieholmshamnen 2, Norrmalm/City
T/Bar exudes sophisticated elegance. This hotel restaurant is synonymous with its chic Art Nouveau interior and plush sofas. Enjoy a hearty breakfast or a light snack along with impressive shoreside views. The outdoor terrace is ideal for people watching come summer.
- Price sample: Brunch "country style" about 245 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 1 - 5 pm
Strandvägen 7 C, Östermalm
Round off the week with a classic French brasserie brunch. The menu features oysters, farm omelette, steak tartar, and of course hamburger. Creamy French cheeses and traditional desserts are naturally also served in this ultra-chic Parisian bistro.
- Price sample: Hamburgar about 175 SEK, baked eggs about 95 SEK
- When: All weekend from 11 am
Odengatan 26, Vasastan
This contemporary concept fuses restaurant, bar and café as well as a gallery. Poche 36 serves a popular brunch including delicacies such as oysters, steak tartar and sliders with truffle mayonnaise. The sleek minimalistic decor offers an industrial edge.
- Price sample: Hamburgar (70 g) about 75 SEK
- When: Saturday 12 - 4 pm
Södermalmsallén 36-38, Södermalm
This ultra-chic Nytorget bistro fuses on-trend industrial-style decor with its prime location overlooking the park. Celebrate the weekend with the obligatory offering of American pancakes, pulled beef and Italian sandwiches at an affordable price. Artisanal coffee and baked goods are also part of Kaferang's repertoire.
- Price sample: American pancakes with berries and maple syrup about 65 SEK, salads about 125 SEK
- When: 11 am to 4:30 pm
Skånegatan 81, Södermalm
With some of Sweden's best baristas behind the counter, Non Solo Bar's artisanal coffee is a weekend must-have. The à la Carte menu features fluffy American pancakes, club sandwiches and classic brunch platters featuring eggs, bacon, sausage and grilled tomato.
- Price sample: Pancakes about 89 SEK, brunch plate about 118 SEK
- When: All weekend
Unpretentious fine dining
Oaxen Slip is the slightly more casual alternative to Oaxen Krog. The bistro is sparsely decorated with a touch of rustic, industrial flair. The menu features classic dishes such as steak tartar and scrabbled eggs and bacon. Treat yourself to a luxurious brunch in an unpretentious atmosphere.
- Price sample: Grilled steak sandwich about 155 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 12 - 4 pm
Beckholmsvägen 26, Djurgården
A classic establishment
Distinguished Grodan is widely considered a Stockholm institution, and has been in business for over 30 years. This bustling melting pot is open from early morn' ´til late eve' with an impressive brunch spread. Choose a burger or their famous fish stew and enjoy a lengthier weekend sojourn.
- Price sample: Cheeseburgar with fries and truffel mayonnaise about 195 SEK
- When: All weekend
Grev Turegatan 16, Östermalm
Spanish vibes reign at Boqueria, but that hasn't stopped this popular restaurant from embracing the concept of brunch. Expect classic dishes such as eggs and French toast served tapas style with a twist. Top it off with a milkshake or a pitcher of sangria.
- Price sample: Scrambled eggs with chorizo about 60 SEK, french toast about 45 SEK
- When: Saturday, Sunday 12 - 3 pm
Jakobsbergsgatan 17, Norrmalm/City
With its generous opening hours, elegant interiors and bustling atmospheres, these popular sibling restaurants are real brunch classics. The offering includes everything from eggs benedict and burgers to seafood and Italian delicacies. Teatergrillen's brunch is served in the sophisticated Teaterbaren.
- Price sample: Eggs Benedict about 170 SEK (Riche/Teaterbaren), Brillos steak sandwich about 195 SEK (Taverna Brillo)
- When: Varies