Stockholm's sharpest barbers
Updated 20 Feb 2019
The old-fashioned barber shop tradition has recently had a revival in Stockholm. Disposable razor blades and shaving cuts have been replaced by hipster beards, grooming products and traditional salon treatments. Book an appointment at a popular retro barber, lean back and relax in a refurbished 1920s setting or visit one of the oldest gentlemen's salons in the city - when it's time to let a real pro take care of your beard, follow our guide to the best barbers in Stockholm.
An authentic barbershop experience
You'll find this American barbershop in the lobby of the Scandic Malmen hotel, offering haircuts, shaves and beard trims in the heart of Södermalm. Naturally you also can lean back in your chair and get a relaxing hot towel wrap here.
- Price example: Shave from around 380 SEK
- MacLaren Barbers, Götgatan 51, Södermalm
Stylish Twenties vibes and selected books
At Barber & Books' sharp, stylish Södermalm salon they do classic treatments with massage and warm towels, razor shaves and cuts. The salon aims to provide a holistic experience, with 1920s references, and some of the treatments are two hours long. They also sell their own grooming products and interesting books on site.
- Price example: Razor shave from around 800 SEK
- Barber & Books Stockholm , Östgötagatan 21, Södermalm
Trained in NYC
If you're looking for a genuine Americana feel, you'll find it at the popular, New York-trained barber Big T. Sharp cut-throat razors, anchors and other nostalgic American objects decorate the walls. Among the treatments you'll find everything from classic hot towel close shaves to beard maintenance and cleansing facials.
- Price example: Shave around 800 SEK
- Royal Barbershop, Döbelnsgatan 51, Vasastan
With its vintage tools and old-fashioned style, this nostalgic Södermalm salon provides traditional barbershop techniques adapted for the "modern gentleman". Their barbers are masters of both modern styles and really classic men's hairstyles.
- Address: Götgatan 58, Södermalm
- Man Stockholm Barbershop, Götgatan 58, Södermalm
Trims and tattoos under the same roof
You can have your beard trimmed and get a tattoo done here - Kollektivet Hvitan is run by the barbers Johan Olsson and Henry Apler together with tattoo artist Olle Alm, three friends who prefer to call themselves a collective rather than a salon. The barbers were trained in London and Dublin, and as well as classic treatments they offer locally produced hair and beard care products.
- Price example: "Straight razor shave" around 750 kr
- Kollektivet Hvitan, Katarina Bangata 47, Södermalm
Experienced barbershop with retro vibe
Lazy Barber opened in 2017 close to Mariebergsbron, but the owner has run barbershops at various different locations since the Eighties. Barber services and haircuts are performed in an old school, retro setting and there's even a little coffeebar.
- Price guide: Cut-throat razor shave from around 390 SEK
- Address: Gjörwellsgatan 47, Kungsholmen
- Lazy Barber, Gjörwellsgatan 47, Kungsholmen
Classic barbershop in the heart of the city
Looking for a cut-throat razor shave, beard trim or haircut by a city centre barber guaranteed to know his stuff? Then make your way along to Barbers of Sweden right next to Sergels torg. They aim to provide just the right look and feel when it comes to both beards and hairdos. You can even get a facial treatment and buy from a wide range of products. s
- Price guide: Traditional shave around 370 SEK
- Address: Sveavägen 14, Norrmalm/City
- Barbers of Sweden, Sveavägen 14, Norrmalm/City
Just a few minutes walk from Gamla Stan underground station, you'll find Mannerståls barbershop. Mannerståls has been around for three generations and tradition and quality are their watchwords. They offer haircuts, beard trims and a range of different shaves.
- Price guide: Classic razor shave around 350 SEK
- Mannerståls Herrfrisering, Skomakargatan 28, Old Town
Straight up punk attitude on Mariatorget
Are you looking for something a bit different from the usual classic, stylish barber shop setting? Brussels-born barber Al has put his own punk mark on this salon by Mariatorget, which he decorated himself. Cuts and straight razor shaves combined with entertaining chat guaranteed.
- Price example: Razor shave around 450 SEK
- Honest Al's, Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 9, Södermalm
Hidden gem on Kungsholmen
Joel's Barber Shop on Kungsgatan keeps a low profile and is popular with clients who discover it. The key is a friendly welcome and proper treatments at reasonable prices. The shop feels professional and international, and the barbers know their stuff when it comes to beards and afro hair. A great, good value choice for your cut or shave.
- Price example: Classic shave around 150 SEK
- Joel’s Barber Shop, Kungsgatan 84, Kungsholmen
Drop in to an authentic old-school salon
One of the very oldest gentlemen's salons in town, GH Herrsalong, knows all there is to know about shaving. Forget booking an appointment; here you take a pew among the other men and wait your turn in the moss green Seventies salon. You can also buy shaving products to take home with you.
- Prisexempel: Klassisk rakning med kniv ca 650 kr
- GH Herrsalong, Lästmakargatan 6, Norrmalm/City/Östermalm